- ASSEMBLED ADS-B KIT: Stratux dual band ADS-B receiver kit includes AHRS, fan controller, SD card adapter, supports ForeFlight Synthetic Vision and other popular EFBs. It has a 30 day return policy and technical support back by Crew Dog Electronics.
- RELIABLE INFORMATION: High-gain dmurray14 antennas are optimized for 978 MHz and 1090 MHz frequencies allowing you to receive and display air-to-air traffic, data, and FIS-B weather including animated regional and CONUS NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, AIR/SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds and temps aloft, TFRs, NOTAMs, and SUA information.
- PORTABLE: Stratux is a highly portable receiver which can provide ADS-B traffic and weather information and it includes internal GPYes WAAS GPS receiver which provides location for multiple devices connected via WiFi. Perfect for WiFi only iPads and tablets.
- LATEST FIRMWARE: Latest Stratux software (v1.6r1) is already loaded on MicroSD card and installed. Just plug in a rechargeable battery pack (not included) and you’re ready to go!
- COMPATIBILITY: Built using Raspberry Pi 3 board and parts direct from Stratux project founder. Supports FlyQ EFB, Navigator, AvNav, ForeFlight, WingX, Avare EFB, FltPlan Go, DroidEFB, AerovieReports, Avplan EFB, iFly GPS, DroidEFB, OzRunways EFB. Does NOT work with Garmin.
Stratux dual band ADS-B receiver transforms your tablet into the ultimate flight tool with Wide Area Augmentation (WAAS) GPS, subscription-free ADS-B weather and air-to-air traffic. WAAS GPS provides accurate information coordinates within +/- 2.5m. It includes embedded AHRS chip supporting ForeFlight Synthetic Vision and other EFBs. AHRS stands for Attitude and Heading Reference System. This provides true yaw, pitch, and roll information to your favorite EFB.
Introduced more than a decade ago by the FAA, ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) provides weather and traffic information to all aircrafts equipped with an ADS-B receiver, such as the Stratux, subscription-free.
The Stratux provides the following ADS-B In services: Flight Information Service-Broadcast (FIS-B) – FIS-B provides regional and continental NEXRAD radar imagery from the National Weather Service, as well as NOTAMs, METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, winds aloft and other valuable in-flight weather services. FIS-B also includes information on temporary flight restrictions (TFR) and special use airspaces (SUA). It also receives traffic information on the 978 (ground to air) frequency for local traffic coverage and 1090 (air to air) for the widest possible coverage area, allowing you to receive and display air-to-air traffic, data, and FIS-B weather including animated regional and CONUS NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, AIR/SIGMETs, PIREPs, winds and temps aloft, TFRs, NOTAMs, and SUA information.
Very cool! Sometimes drops off and resells but overall a good back up.
Worked well but stopped working soon after using it. Sent it back for refund which was handled quickly. Turned out software was overwritten by another aviation app. Was told the new ones have a firewall to prevent that happening again.
Flight Instructor –
Product came quickly and works well with my FltPlan iPad app. Gives me peace of mind as a flight instructor in busy airspace. Thank you!
Has great range and signal. Perfect for drone work
If you buy the entire kit with suction cup mounts and battery pack, this is an all in one unit that rivals its more expensive competitors and better yet, you are not limited to Apple products. I have been using this for a month now and find it easily connects to my tablet and continues working consistently throughout the flight. Mounted on a window out of sight, it is not as cumbersome as some might think with the external battery pack. Crewdog Electronics provides superb customer service. When I initially had trouble getting the AHRS calibrated correctly, Sean answered my query quickly and provided a solution to the problem.
Neal K –
I’ve been using my Stratux with WingX on my iPad for over a year now and it has worked great. Assembly was a snap. I just updated the firmware after watching the easy to follow online video instructions.
I’ve had my Stratux for over a year now and I just replaced the original battery with a white, 10,000 mAh Li-ion battery (Amazon ASIN B07K6HJTK2) which is roughly the same size as the Stratux. I secure it to the Stratux using four Velcro dots for easy removal when charging. Looks good, too. In bench testing it runs the Stratux for just over eight hours.
The Stratux is such a great value, why would anyone spend three times or more for a “brand name” when the Stratux has the same capabilities? And when the battery fails, which ALL batteries do, you can easily replace it. Crew Dog’s support has been excellent making this purchase a no-brainer.
I can’t say enough about this Stratux unit. I had a chance to try one out from one of the members at my flying club. It worked great with FlyQ-EFB. I liked it so much I decided to get one of my own.
This unit from Crew Dog worked right out of the box. I don’t think you can get an ADS-B solution for a better price anywhere. I highly recommend this for any pilot.
Wow !! Awesome job gents. Low cost and works great…every time.